Gillian is one of our most experienced members of staff. A highly qualified medical secretary with a wealth of knowledge, her qualities were recognised when she was promoted to Administrative Lead. Gillian's responsibilities within the Surgery are numerous and wide ranging. Married with three grown up sons and two grandchildren, Gillian enjoys singing in her church choir, keeping fit, the theatre and train journeys.
Deputy Admin Lead and IT Lead
Lesley joined the Surgery in 2001 initially as an evening receptionist. Since then she has progressively taken on more responsibility and is now deputy to our Admin Lead and is the Practice Lead for IT. Lesley is proud to be Berko' born and bred and is married with a teenage daughter. She enjoys watching TV, listening to music, live entertainment and dining
|Carers Champions (f)|
Carers Champions - Donna and Katy
We are very lucky to have 2 Carers Champions here at the surgery. Carers Champions are members of medical practice staff who support with the identification of carers. Their main role includes,
- To promote awareness of carers within their practice
- Alongside Carers Federation, to co facilitate the identification of new young and adult carers
- Promote engagement with carers across their practice team
- To maintain the profile of carers across the practice ( including meeting agendas and new initiatives)
- To engage in networking appropriate to the role, such as forums and patient group events
- Inform carers of their rights and entitlements, especially those outlined in the Care Act 2014
- Draw attention to any national or local developments relevant to supporting carers
- Act as a point of contact for external and internal communication on the subject of carers
- They act as a voice for carers within the practice and are a key point of contact for carers information within the practice.
It is important that if you have a carer or are a carer you make yourself known to our Champions, either Donna or Katy, who can ensure that you are receiving all the support you need